Monday, January 19, 2009

Flatmates

Currently, I have 6 flatmates: one is an old friend from Manila and the rest are the people we met when we arrived here in Singapore and stayed in a hostel for a few months. We had so much fun and we were there for each other during those first few difficult months. We all bonded that we decided to rent a flat for ourselves and share the expenses. This made sense that time. More privacy and less expenses. First month went smoothly. We were like a family. But then, sooner than we thought, things changed.

I started hearing complaints here and there that so and so is so inconsiderate, insensitive, etc. It would have been manageable (I think) but then some can't pay the rent on time and then something really bad happened which destroyed the trust we have for each other. It was all too much to bear already. It got me thinking. Why do I care so much of these people who only cares about themselves? Why should I care when I've only known them for a few months? What do I really know about them?

So I decided to be on my own for a change. Focus on myself first. I have no one here. I'm the only one who can take care of myself. This time, it's all about me. It's about time I think.

I'm moving out this Saturday. I've rented a room in one of the condos in the west coast. Love the place. I'll show you some pics next time.

So here's to going solo and having fun ;)

Cheers!

No comments: